Volcanoes Safaris celebrated its 15th Anniversary in style at an event in Kampala on 7th September. It also marked its work as pioneers in great ape tourism and as a leader in the safari and adventure travel world.
Vanessa Townsend, Sales and Marketing Manager for Volcanoes, described it not only as a celebration of Volcanoes but as a celebration of tourism in Uganda.
Praveen Moman, Co-Founder, paid tribute to the Volcanoes staff for their hard work and contribution over the last fifteen years, especially Yusuf Mulima Mubiru, the Co-Founder who retired earlier this year, the guides, the lodge staff and staff in our offices around the world.
“They have been outstanding in their contribution, innovation and commitment.”
“Today we celebrate the close and warm relationships we have developed the many travellers, travel companies that have supported us in Uganda and around the world, the commitment of our staff, our partnerships with communities and of course the people of Uganda and Rwanda. Over the next fifteen years we will continue to build VS as one of the world’s leading adventure brands.”
To commemorate this milestone year:
- VS is planting 15 trees in Kyambura Gorge for every three safaris sold.
- VS has new East African residents rates published on the website and is offering 10% discount for East African residents on bookings at Volcanoes lodges from 15th Dec 2012 to 15th Jan 2013.
- VS is offering newly introduced low season rates on regular scheduled and private safaris.
- VS is continuing the vital work of The Volcanoes Safaris Partnership Trust (VSPT), its non-profit arm which links neighboring communities at our lodges to conservation and ecotourism.
- The VSPT intends to build the first phase of a conservation and community centre at Kyambura in 2013.