A valid passport with a minimum six months of validity is mandatory. Single entry tourist visas are available without difficulty. Multiple-entry tourist visas are difficult to obtain. You will need a valid Yellow Fever Certificate to enter Uganda and Rwanda. If you require a visa, you will need to show your Yellow Fever certificate during the visa application process.
Rwanda tourist visas
Visitors can get a visa upon arrival or online. Single entry visa is priced at USD 50 as per the new visa laws but the prevailing price of USD 30 is still on until official communication. Please see here.
An East African tourist visa is also available for clients wishing to travel between Kenya, Uganda & Rwanda, to be applied for online or at arrival at a cost of $100 and valid for 90 days. One has to apply to the respective country of the first point of entry.
Please visit the Rwanda immigration website for the latest information on different visa types.
For more information about Rwanda tourist visas, contact:
- In the UK, the Embassy of the Republic of Rwanda is located at 120 – 122 Seymour Place, London W1H 1NR. Telephone: +44 (0)20 722 49 832.
- In the USA, the Embassy of the Republic of Rwanda is located at 1724 New Hampshire Avenue NW, Washington DE 200091. Telephone: +1 202 232 2882.
- List of Rwandan diplomatic missions around the world.
Uganda tourist visas
The latest advice from the Uganda immigration service is the following:
- Nationals of USA, the European Union and Japan require a tourist visa and should apply in advance of travel to Uganda. The visa fee of $50 is payable upon arrival at any Uganda entry point or during an online application.
- Uganda tourist visas are NOT required by nationals of Ireland, the East Africa community, COMESA. Other nationals should check the Uganda immigration website.
- Applications for all Ugandan visas should be made online on the Uganda immigration website.
- A single entry visa to Uganda costs US$ 50 and is valid for between two weeks and three months.
For more information about Uganda tourist visas, contact:
- In the UK, the Ugandan Embassy is located at Uganda House, 58/59 Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DX. Telephone: +44 (0)20 7839 5783.
- In the USA, the Uganda Embassy is located at 5811 16th Street NW, Washington DC 20011. Telephone: +1 202 726 7100.
- Please visit the Uganda immigration web site for more information on different visa types.
- List of Ugandan diplomatic missions around the world.
Please note that immigration rules and visa costs are subject to change at late notice. For any information on visas to Rwanda and Uganda, you are welcome to contact the Volcanoes Safaris team.